Phillip Island’s Penguin Foundation, a conservation group in Australia, are appealing for volunteers to knit little jumper for these little penguins who have been affected by oil spills or similar leaks from fishing boats. (x)
CAN WE JUST APPRECIATE FOR A SECOND THAT SOMEONE TOOK THE TIME TO NOT ONLY KNIT A PENGUIN A JUMPER BUT ALSO MAKE IT A PENGUIN PUBLISHING BOOK COVER JUMPER (x)
Marilla looked curiously at Anne when the latter entered the kitchen.
“Who was that came up the lane with you, Anne?”
“Gilbert Blythe,” answered Anne, vexed to find herself blushing. “I met him on Barry’s hill.”
“I didn’t think you and Gilbert Blythe were such good friends that you’d stand for half an hour at the gate talking to him,” said Marilla with a dry smile.
“We haven’t been—we’ve been good enemies. But we have decided that it will be much more sensible to be good friends in the future. Were we really there half an hour? It seemed just a few minutes. But, you see, we have five years’ lost conversations to catch up with, Marilla.”
i can’t believe it’s 2014 and there’s still no gay romantic comedy about vin diesel and dwayne johnson falling in love
They raise a gaggle of kids undercover working for a gov’t agency together
this would be amazing
This campaign has a lot of awesome stuff going for it.
1) Transgender PoC make up about half the face of the campaign.
2) There is a genderqueer person (!!) and their caption respectfully uses “person” instead of man or woman.
3) Plus-sized trans* people for the win!
4) Finally a campaign explicitly for trans* people that emphasizes our deserving respect and courtesy.
5) The transgender women and men are included in “any woman/man” which is huge because it emphasizes that trans* women and men are women and men too; it leaves no room for argument and doesn’t turn it into a debate about genitals.
6) Emphasis on our being a part of the communities we live in. We aren’t any different than anyone else.
I really love the DC Transgender Respect campaign and I wish more states and cities would launch stuff like this!
Real proud of my hometown today.
yes! this is wonderful!
So my friend just showed me this cool thing called Habit RPG and I really wish I’d discovered this a long time ago.
If you’re like me and you have a zillion shit to do but don’t know where to start or if you need to get your life together but there’s just too much to figure out, this is really really great thing to help you get started. It turns your life into a game and you start out as little avatar and you earn points and experience and health gold so you can upgrade yourself and do cooler things like buy pet dragons and shit. It’s not just a to-do list. You can use it to fit whatever goals you have, all you have to worry about is knowing what to put in these things:
- Habits - can be anything you know you do or don’t do enough. If they’re good habits, they give you points, if they’re bad or if they don’t help you achieve your goals, you lose points. Like I made one of my bad habits “taking cab rides (when I can use other cheaper means of transportation)” because it doesn’t help me save money. So everytime I take a cab, I lose points.
- Dailies - things you need to do everyday or regularly like working out or reading or taking your medicine or practicing anatomy. If you do them, you get gold. If you do them consistently, you earn streak bonuses. If you don’t do them tho, u lose cause damage to the little guy
- To-Do - this is pretty self-explanatory right? Things that you need to do, big or small. And you can give them deadlines or change their value/priority.
- Rewards - are my favorite because it tells you that you don’t have to slave over all that work for nothing. If you earn enough money from being able to do those tasks, you can “buy” a reward! Finished all those projects on your To-Do list? Well then you can watch the new Kill La Kill episode! Did your cardio workout for 5 consecutive days? You’ve probably earned enough gold buy that extra hour of sleep. It can be anything really, and you can change the value of your rewards according to how much you need it.
And you can create guilds with your friends and check out each other’s progress. It’s p cool. And I’ve seen people use it to help them with school, through depression, through weight loss, basically, whatever goal. I’ve only started yesterday and I so I still have a lot to discover, especially with the challenges and everything. But I’m hoping that by the time my little avatar gets all pimped out, my life will be a little more put-together.